(at time of publication)
- 1kg agria potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1½ cups trim milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 leek, finely sliced and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 600g white fish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (sweetcorn, peas, carrots), thawed and drained of excess liquid
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley or chives, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a large saucepan, place potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer, until tender. Drain well and mash with ½ cup of the milk and 1 tablespoon of the spread. Season with black pepper.
2 Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan or saucepan over medium and place remaining spread, flour and leek in it. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in remaining milk, taking care to avoid lumps and sticking. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
3 Remove from heat and stir in mustard, fish and vegetables. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour into a large ovenproof dish, then spoon over potato and sprinkle with grated cheese.
4 Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and bubbling at the edges. Garnish with parsley or chives.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check mustard is gluten free.
This can be made into mini pies, in individual ramekins, and frozen. Great for toddler and kids’ meals. Just cover and freeze once you have spooned over potato.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us