Mexican spiced lentils with chipotle tuna
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 x 400g can brown lentils in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more to taste)
- 95g can chipotle-flavoured tuna (or other chilli tuna), to serve
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
- squeeze of lemon, to serve
- handful roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- sliced chilli, to garnish
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high. Add spring onion, carrot, broccoli and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Add lentils and spices. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until water has absorbed.
- Serve lentil mixture with tuna, yoghurt, tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon, garnished with coriander and chilli.
Make it gluten free: Check tuna and ground spices are fluten free.
Use remaining lentils to make a curry or bolognese. Or double the recipe and enjoy leftovers for lunch.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us