Mince meatballs with spaghetti
(at time of publication)
- 650g lean mince ground beefXbeef
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 1 portion Rich vege-packed tomato sauce
- 400g can chilli baked beans
- spray oil
- 400g frozen stir-fry vegetables
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
1 In a food processor, blitz all meatball ingredients until smooth. Use wet hands to shape 24 even-sized balls.
2 In a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook spaghetti, following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
3 In a saucepan, over a medium-low heat, combine tomato sauce and beans with ½ cup water. Heat gently.
4 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook meatballs in batches, until evenly browned. Set aside and keep warm. Spray the pan with a little more oil and stir-fry veges for 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Serve meatballs with tomato sauce, spaghetti and vegetables. Garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti and check ground spices, tomato paste and baked beans are gluten free.
The meatballs can be made in advance and kept in the fridge in a sealed container.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 17g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information