Mince meatballs with spaghetti
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 650g lean mince ground beefXbeef
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 1 portion Rich vege-packed tomato sauce
- 400g can chilli baked beans
- spray oil
- 400g frozen stir-fry vegetables
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 17g
1 In a food processor, blitz all meatball ingredients until smooth. Use wet hands to shape 24 even-sized balls.
2 In a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook spaghetti, following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
3 In a saucepan, over a medium-low heat, combine tomato sauce and beans with ½ cup water. Heat gently.
4 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook meatballs in batches, until evenly browned. Set aside and keep warm. Spray the pan with a little more oil and stir-fry veges for 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Serve meatballs with tomato sauce, spaghetti and vegetables. Garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti and check ground spices, tomato paste and baked beans are gluten free.
The meatballs can be made in advance and kept in the fridge in a sealed container.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)