Quick chicken and vegetable soup with gremolata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 6 cups chopped soup vegetables (such as leek, celery, potato, carrot, pumpkin and cauliflower)
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 small slices rye bread, toasted, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
1 In a large pan heat olive oil over medium-high. Add chopped leek and sauté for 2–3 minutes, or until just soft. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes.
2 Add stock and 3½ cups water and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat, simmering for 10 minutes. Add chicken and stir to heat through. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all gremolata ingredients. Season and mix well.
4 Divide soup among bowls. Top with gremolata and serve with rye toast.
Make it gluten free: Serve with gluten-free bread and check stock is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Sunfed Chicken Free Chicken and use Massel Chicken Style Stock.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information