Spiced fish with slaw and coconut rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 130g firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 x 30g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 4 cups broccoli florets or 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, halved
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high. Sprinkle fish with seasoning. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander, lemon juice and remaining oil.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Stir in toasted coconut. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli until just tender. Drain.
- Serve fish with coconut rice, slaw and broccoli.
Make it gluten free: Check taco mix is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)