Spiced fish with slaw and coconut rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 130g firm white fish fillets
- ½ x 30g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 4 cups broccoli florets or 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, halved
1 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high. Sprinkle fish with seasoning. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander, lemon juice and remaining oil.
3 Heat rice according to packet instructions. Stir in toasted coconut. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli until just tender. Drain.
4 Serve fish with coconut rice, slaw and broccoli.
Make it gluten free: Check taco mix is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like