Spiced fish with slaw and coconut rice
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 130g firm white fish fillets
- ½ x 30g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 4 cups broccoli florets or 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, halved
1 In a large non-stick frying pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high. Sprinkle fish with seasoning. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander, lemon juice and remaining oil.
3 Heat rice according to packet instructions. Stir in toasted coconut. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli until just tender. Drain.
4 Serve fish with coconut rice, slaw and broccoli.
Make it gluten free: Check taco mix is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.