Spiced smoked fish on rice
Time to make: 20 mins , plus time to make Herby onion rice*
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup trim milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium smoked fish fillets (280g total), skinned (I used kippered hoki)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 cups no added salt vegetable stock
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
1 Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan with curry powder. Add fish and simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
2 Flake up fish in pan with a fork, then add Herby onion rice*. Mix well and heat for 5 minutes or until rice is heated through.
3 Add peas and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through parsley, then divide among 4 bowls. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
- This recipe works well with prawns or salmon too; just poach them in the milk as for the fish.
- For something more substantial, serve with a poached egg.
Last updated date: 17 October 20182018-10-17 16:25:53