Spicy ginger pork with crispy lettuce cups
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced (some green slices reserved, to garnish)
- 1 small (120g) kumarasweet-potatoX, diced small
- 150g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste (we used gochujang)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup prepared slaw mix (without dressing)
- 6 baby cos lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce, to garnish
- sesame or pumpkin seeds
- sliced fresh chilli, to garnish
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a heavy-based pan, heat half the sesame oil over medium-high. Add garlic, ginger, spring onion and kumara. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add pork mince and cook, stirring to break up mince, for 5 minutes. Add chilli paste and a dash of hot water. Mix well. Add wine and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Add slaw to pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- To serve, divide pork mixture among lettuce cups. Sprinkle with soy sauce, seeds, chilli, remaining sesame oil and reserved spring onions.
Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)