Spicy Mexican meatloaf
(at time of publication)
- 450g lean beef mince
- ½ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mexican spice mix
- 420g can salsa chilli beans
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Use your hands to mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and press mixture into tin. Smooth the top evenly. Use mini loaf tins if you wish.
2 Place in oven and cook for 50 minutes-1 hour or until juices run clear. If cooking mini loaves these will take 25-30 minutes. (If you have a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of your meatloaf has reached a temperature of 74°C for at least 15 seconds.)
- Serve this meatloaf with tomato salsa, lettuce and tomato salad, and potatoes or rice.
- This meatloaf has a softer texture but firms up well when cold. Great for sandwiches.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.