Spicy pork and tofu stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 300g lean pork mince
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 300g soft or silken tofu (we used Morinaga brand), roughly chopped in 3cm cubes
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 4 cups green beans, sliced diagonally
- 4 cups roughly chopped silver beet or gai laan
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
1 Heat oil in a large pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add mince and cook for about 4 minutes until browned.
2 Reduce heat. Add oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 1 cup water. Bring to a gentle simmer and add tofu. Cook for 2 more minutes or until tofu is warmed through. Add onions and remove from heat.
3 Steam beans and silver beet in microwave or on stove top until soft. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil.
4 Serve pork and tofu on top of rice with veges on the side. Garnish with extra spring onions and fresh chillies if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Check oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce and tofu are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information