Spinach, ricotta and tomato toastie
(at time of publication)
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (see tip)
- 60g (¼ cup) low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small Roma tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup (25g) baby spinach
- 150g pottle low-fat plain yoghurt
1 Spread 1 bread slice with ricotta. Top with tomatoes and spinach. Top with other bread slice. Toast in a sandwich press until golden then serve.
2 Enjoy yoghurt as dessert.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check yoghurt is gluten free.
- This is a light lunch. To add more energy and vegetables, take carrot sticks and hummus to have as a snack or to eat with your sandwich.
- One small bag of ingredients makes this recipe plus four other tasty, healthy lunches – see On-the-job: One list makes five lunches.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.