Spring vegetable soup with prawns
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger
- 3 small red chillies
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- handful of fresh coriandercilantroX
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 200ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 200ml lite coconut milk
- 300ml water
- 8 cups spring vegetables (eg. chopped asparagus, broad beansfavaX, peas or shredded green cabbage)
- 400g frozen prawns
- 2 x 200g packets shelf-fresh Hokkien noodles
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 in a food processer, place sesame oil, lemongrass, ginger, chilli, sugar, coriander stems (save leaves for serving), zest and half the juice, then blitz to a coarse paste. This can also be done in a mortar and pestle.
2 in a deep non-stick saucepan lightly fry the paste for 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the stock, coconut milk and water. Heat until just boiling, then add the vegetables. Cook 1-2 minutes before adding the prawns. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the noodles and cook for a further minute.
3 Serve soup with chopped coriander leaves and extra lime juice.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles and check stock is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us