Squid and chickpea toss
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 squid tubes, rinsed, scored, cut in 5cm squares
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 5 cups sliced silver beet (stalks removed)
- 400g can cherry tomatoes, drained
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, grated
1 Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add half the squid and cook for about 2 minutes until squid browns and curls. Remove and set aside before cooking the remaining squid.
2 Return squid to pan. Add paprika, chickpeas and silver beet. Stir-fry until silver beet is wilted. Add tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cook until everything is warmed through.
3 Divide among 4 plates. Squeeze over some lemon juice and sprinkle with zest. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like