Squid and chickpea toss
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 squid tubes, rinsed, scored, cut in 5cm squares
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 5 cups sliced silver beet (stalks removed)
- 400g can cherry tomatoes, drained
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, grated
1 Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add half the squid and cook for about 2 minutes until squid browns and curls. Remove and set aside before cooking the remaining squid.
2 Return squid to pan. Add paprika, chickpeas and silver beet. Stir-fry until silver beet is wilted. Add tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cook until everything is warmed through.
3 Divide among 4 plates. Squeeze over some lemon juice and sprinkle with zest. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information