Sticky lamb kebabs with greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice and zest of 2 lemons or oranges
- 500g lean lamb, cut into chunks
- 250g pineapple slices, halved
- 3 (300g) bok choy, sliced lengthways
- 2 cups snow peas or green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 250g bags microwaveable rice and quinoa (we used SunRice)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
- In a bowl, combine chilli sauce, honey and half of the lemon juice and zest with 2 tablespoons warm water. Add lamb and pineapple and toss to coat evenly. Thread lamb and pineapple, alternating, on 4 skewers, reserving any marinade.
- Preheat a griddle, grill or barbecue to medium. Cook skewers, turning and brushing with marinade, for 7-8 minutes.
- Fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Add bok choy and snow peas and cook for 2-3 minutes until just wilted. Drain. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon juice and zest with olive oil and drizzle over veges. Toss well.
- Cook rice according to packet directions and serve with kebabs and vegetables, drizzled with any remaining marinade.
The lamb can be marinated earlier for a stronger flavour.
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us