Sweet and sour pork
Time to make: 25 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- cooking oil spray
- 500g lean pork scotch steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, halved or other greens such as spinach
- 400g rice noodles, cooked, to serve
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 To make sauce, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, soy sauce, cornflour and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 Spray a wok with oil. Brown pork in batches over a high heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3 Add onion and capsicum to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pineapple pieces. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add sauce, snow peas (or other vegetables) and pork to wok. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice noodles.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato sauce, soy sauce (or use tamari) and cornflour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us