Thai meatball salad and sesame noodles
- 600g lean beef mince
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 x 200g packs fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced using a potato peeler or a julienne peeler
- 1 large telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced using a potato peeler or a julienne peeler (about 3 cups)
- 2 x 100g packs sugar-snap peas
- 2 fresh limes, juice
- large handful coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
1 Combine mince with chilli, ginger and fish sauce and roll into even-sized meatballs. Make 20 balls (5 per serve).
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning for 10 minutes until cooked through. Add the sesame seeds and toss well. Remove from the heat.
3 Cook the noodles following packet instructions then drain and stir through sesame oil. In a large bowl toss together the carrot, cucumber, sugar snap peas, lime juice and noodles.
4 Serve meatballs on top of salad and sprinkle with coriander and extra sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles instead of hokkien noodles and check fish sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like