Thai meatball salad and sesame noodlesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 600g lean beef mince
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 x 200g packs fresh hokkien noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced using a potato peeler or a julienne peeler
- 1 large telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced using a potato peeler or a julienne peeler (about 3 cups)
- 2 x 100g packs sugar-snap peas
- 2 fresh limes, juice
- large handful coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
1 Combine mince with chilli, ginger and fish sauce and roll into even-sized meatballs. Make 20 balls (5 per serve).
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning for 10 minutes until cooked through. Add the sesame seeds and toss well. Remove from the heat.
3 Cook the noodles following packet instructions then drain and stir through sesame oil. In a large bowl toss together the carrot, cucumber, sugar snap peas, lime juice and noodles.
4 Serve meatballs on top of salad and sprinkle with coriander and extra sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles instead of hokkien noodles and check fish sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information