Creamy chicken, mushroom and almond pasta
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g lean chicken breasts, sliced
- 500g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups almond milk
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 3 cups chopped silver beet, or broccoli florets
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, roasted
- 250g wholemeal pasta, to serve
- fresh herbs, to serve
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, turning, until browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil with mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring several times. Add carrots and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Add milk and thyme. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to pan with freshly ground pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Two minutes before serving, add silver beet and almonds to chicken. Serve chicken with pasta and herbs.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check almond milk is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information