Creamy chicken, mushroom and almond pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g lean chicken breasts, sliced
- 500g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups almond milk
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 3 cups chopped silver beet, or broccoli florets
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, roasted
- 250g wholemeal pasta, to serve
- fresh herbs, to serve
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high. Add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, turning, until browned. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add remaining oil with mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring several times. Add carrots and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Add milk and thyme. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to pan with freshly ground pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Two minutes before serving, add silver beet and almonds to chicken. Serve chicken with pasta and herbs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check almond milk is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us