Tofu and vegetable soba noodle saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in matchsticks
- 180g soba noodles
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut in matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 red radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups watercress sprigs
- 300g marinated tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Place snow peas and courgette in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave vegetables to blanch for 20 seconds. Refresh vegetables under cold running water then drain.
2 Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add noodles and cook following packet directions until al dente. Refresh noodles under cold running water and drain.
3 Place snow peas, courgettes and noodles in a salad bowl with carrots, capsicum, radishes, watercress and tofu.
4 Combine soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a small bowl to make salad dressing.
5 Add dressing to salad bowl. Toss to combine then serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information