Tuna and white bean salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 700g new or baby potatoes, sliced or halved
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 cups mixed rocketarugulaX and spinach
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Cook potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add tomatoes and capers. Shake to coat potatoes evenly.
2 Plunge asparagus in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain then add to potatoes with tuna, beans and onion.
3 Line a salad bowl with rocket and spinach mix. Add tuna salad ingredients. Mix oil and vinegar together and pour over as a dressing then serve.
Make it vegetarian: Replace tuna with 2 roughly chopped vegetarian sausages or mushroom and herb flavoured burgers.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)