Baked almond-crusted fish and kumara chips
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets
- 2 cups trimmed snow peas or green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 50g crumbled feta
- juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper. Spread kumara over one tray and spray with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- In a small food processor, blitz almonds until finely chopped. On a large plate, spread out in a thin layer. Press fish fillets, one piece at a time, into almond mixture to crust on one side. Place fish, almond side up, on the second tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling water blanch snow peas and peas for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
- In a medium bowl, combine snow peas, peas, sprouts, mint, feta and lemon juice. To serve, divide salad, baked fish and kumara chips among 4 serving plates, with lemon wedges on the side.
Having type 2 diabetes, or pre-diabetes, doesn't mean you can't enjoy amazing food! Here are hundreds of healthy and delicious type-2 diabetes-friendly recipes. Browse hundreds of gluten-free recipes. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Author: Megan Cameron-Lee -
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
First published: Feb 20182019-04-04 12:23:00
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited