BBQ steaks with caponata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut in 2cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, diced
- 3 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes, no added salt
- ⅓ cup vinegar (we used malt vinegar)
- 4 x 150g scotch fillet or sirloin steaks, trimmed
1 Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over a barbecue wok burner on a medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add eggplant, capsicum, courgettes, tomatoes and vinegar. Stir until well combined and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until mixture thickens and vegetables are tender.
2 Heat a barbecue hotplate or grill to a medium heat. Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Turn and cook for 2 minutes for medium-rare steak, or until cooked to your liking. Serve steaks with caponata and crusty bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us