Beef and bean fajitas with carrot and kale slaw
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g lean beef steak
- 175g (2 1/2 cups) mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 425g can Mexican chilli beans
- 1 large bunch (100g) fresh kale, stalks removed and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 wholemeal wraps
- 4 teaspoons light sour cream
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Add the beef and cook for 2—3 minutes until browned. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and beans and simmer for 5 minutes until a thick sauce forms.
2 Meanwhile toss the kale, carrot and onion together with lemon juice and 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside to allow the kale to soften.
3 Serve beef and beans inside the wraps with plenty of slaw and a dollop of sour cream.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check chilli beans and sour cream are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us