Carrot, spinach and courgette fritters with creamy feta dip
(at time of publication)
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 4 cups shredded spinach
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint (reserve 1 tablespoon for dip)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX (reserve 1 tablespoon for dip)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 120g feta, crumbled
- cracked black pepper
- oil spray
- 3 cups prepared slaw mix, dressed with vinaigrette (made with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar)
1 In a bowl, combine carrot, courgette, spinach, spring onion, egg, flour, cumin, mint, coriander and lemon zest. Mix well.
2 In another bowl combine lemon juice, yoghurt, reserved herbs and feta. Season with pepper.
3 Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook spoonfuls of fritter mixture on both sides until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm (in an oven on low works well). Repeat with remaining mixture.
4 Divide fritters between 4 plates and serve with feta dip and slaw on side.
Make it vegan: Use Orgran Vegan Easy Egg instead of egg. Use vegan cheese and yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us