Carrot, spinach and courgette fritters with creamy feta dip
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 4 cups shredded spinach
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint (reserve 1 tablespoon for dip)
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX (reserve 1 tablespoon for dip)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 120g feta, crumbled
- cracked black pepper
- oil spray
- 3 cups prepared slaw mix, dressed with vinaigrette (made with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar)
- In a bowl, combine carrot, courgette, spinach, spring onion, egg, flour, cumin, mint, coriander and lemon zest. Mix well.
- In another bowl combine lemon juice, yoghurt, reserved herbs and feta. Season with pepper.
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook spoonfuls of fritter mixture on both sides until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm (in an oven on low works well). Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Divide fritters between 4 plates and serve with feta dip and slaw on side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it vegan: Use Orgran Vegan Easy Egg instead of egg. Use vegan cheese and yoghurt.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us