Chicken and corn noodle soup
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 cups reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g skinless chicken breast
- 150g vermicelli rice noodles
- 410g can sweet corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Combine stock, water, ginger and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken and simmer, covered, for about 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate and shred.
2 Add noodles to soup and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until noodles soften.
3 Add chicken and stir until hot. Remove from heat.
4 Add remaining ingredients to soup. Use tongs to divide noodles among soup bowls. Ladle over soup and serve.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us