Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 300g skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 cup frozen broad beansfavaX, defrosted and pods removed
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- fresh chives, to garnish
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
- In a saucepan, place rice and 1 cup water and stir. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering, for 20-25 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add spring onions and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove veges from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan again with oil and add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add stock, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika. Add veges back to pan, along with broad beans, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add sour cream and stir to combine.
- Divide stroganoff between 2 plates and serve with brown rice. Garnish with chives and paprika.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $75. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)