Pesto pasta salad
- 250g legume-based pasta
- ½ cup pesto
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, 1 sliced thinly lengthways, 1 spiralised or grated
- 250g cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- ¹⁄³ cup reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 100g bag baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 Cook pasta as per directions on pack. Drain and allow to cool for a few minutes before tossing with pesto.
2 Add sliced courgette to a frying pan with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil for about 1 minute on medium heat.
3 Mix the fried and spiralised courgette, tomatoes, olives, feta and the spinach leaves in a large bowl. Serve the salad sprinkled with pine nuts.
This recipe can also be made using spinach & cheese-filled tortellini in place of pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30.6g
–Saturated fat 5.2g
Dietary fibre 8.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information