Grilled salmon with warm peas, asparagus and cannellini beans
- 4 x 120g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 large bunches asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1 x 400g can no-added salt cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan at high heat. Spray salmon with olive oil. Season with cracked black pepper and cook for 2–3 minutes each side.
2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the greens. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes. Add the garlic, capers and the cannellini beans and cook veg, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock and simmer for 1–2 minutes, or until the beans are heated through and veges are just tender. Stir through parsley and sliced olives.
3 Serve salmon and veges with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.1g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 12.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us