Grilled salmon with warm peas, asparagus and cannellini beans
- 4 x 120g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 200g sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 large bunches asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1 x 400g can no-added salt cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced Kalamata olives
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan at high heat. Spray salmon with olive oil. Season with cracked black pepper and cook for 2–3 minutes each side.
2 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the greens. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes. Add the garlic, capers and the cannellini beans and cook veg, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock and simmer for 1–2 minutes, or until the beans are heated through and veges are just tender. Stir through parsley and sliced olives.
3 Serve salmon and veges with lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.1g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 12.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us