Kumara lasagne bake
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 large (400g) orange kumarasweet-potatoX, skin on, sliced 1cm thick lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 500g lean beef mince
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 250g tub reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 120g bag baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup grated Edam cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C on fan bake. Cover the kumara in a microwave-proof dish with a dash of water and microwave on high for 8—10 minutes until soft.
2 Heat oil in a frying pan on a high heat. Add garlic, cumin and mince and fry for 4—5 minutes until browned. Add the tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
3 Remove the kumara from the microwave-proof dish and replace with broccoli. Microwave for 5—10 minutes until the broccoli is lightly steamed. Pour half of the mince into a medium-sized deep ovenproof dish and completely cover with half of the kumara. Spread half of the cottage cheese over the kumara, followed by a layer of spinach. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Top with grated cheese; press down lightly. Place in the oven for 8—10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
4 Serve the lasagne with a grind of pepper, alongside steamed broccoli.
Make it gluten free: Check ground cumin and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us