- 8 hard taco shells
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long thin batons
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g minced lamb
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- ¼ green or red cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt mixed with juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup salsa, made up of 1 chopped tomato, 1 Lebanese cucumber, ½ chopped red onion and handful chopped coriandercilantroX leaves, reserving some for garnish.
1 Preheat oven to 120°C. Place taco shells in oven to heat through.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add carrot and cook, until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
3 Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté, until soft. Add lamb, oregano and chipotle powder and stir to break up lamb mince. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4 Remove taco shells from oven and assemble with a layer of cabbage, lamb mix, carrots and radishes, topped with a dollop of yoghurt and a spoonful of salsa. Garnish with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it low FODMAP: Use finely sliced spring onion tips (green leaves only) instead of onion, garlic-infused oil and lactose-free or coconut yoghurt.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us