(at time of publication)
- 8 hard taco shells
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into long thin batons
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g minced lamb
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- ¼ green or red cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt mixed with juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup salsa, made up of 1 chopped tomato, 1 Lebanese cucumber, ½ chopped red onion and handful chopped coriandercilantroX leaves, reserving some for garnish.
1 Preheat oven to 120°C. Place taco shells in oven to heat through.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add carrot and cook, until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
3 Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté, until soft. Add lamb, oregano and chipotle powder and stir to break up lamb mince. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4 Remove taco shells from oven and assemble with a layer of cabbage, lamb mix, carrots and radishes, topped with a dollop of yoghurt and a spoonful of salsa. Garnish with coriander.
Make it low FODMAP: Use finely sliced spring onion tips (green leaves only) instead of onion, garlic-infused oil and lactose-free or coconut yoghurt.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information