Lamb with broad bean purée and roasted baby carrots
- 250g baby carrots (or 2 regular carrots, cut in quarters lengthwise)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen broad beansfavaX, defrosted and pods removed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g lamb leg steaks
- oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut or chutney (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place carrots on a baking dish lined with baking paper. Drizzle oil over and toss. Bake for 20 minutes, or until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, in a pot place broad beans, peas, chives, garlic and stock and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and puree using a stick blender, or transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Add more stock or water if needed. Keep warm in pot.
- Set a heavy-based pan over a high heat. Spray lamb steaks with oil and rub paprika and salt over. Cook in pan for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and rest for 5 minutes. Slice.
- Divide lamb, roasted carrots and broad bean purée between 2 plates. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and a dollop of sauerkraut or chutney on the side, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 15g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and paprika are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $75. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.