Macadamia-crusted chicken with potato salad
Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2/3 cup unsalted macadamias
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 x 125g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 700g small new potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3 cups baby spinach
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a food processor, place macadamia nuts and pulse until chopped, taking care not to grind to a powder. Transfer to a bowl and stir in half the chives.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken on the tray. Spread mustard over each chicken breast then press macadamia mixture over top of the mustard. Bake chicken for 25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Slice widthways.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes in a medium saucepan of enough water to cover them for 10–12 minutes, or until tender, adding peas for the last minute of cooking time. Drain. Refresh under cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice and cumin seeds. Halve potatoes and place in a bowl with peas, pumpkin and poppy seeds, spinach and remaining chives. Toss gently. Serve sliced chicken with potato salad.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap peas for green beans and check Dijon mustard does not include onion or garlic.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us