Peppered beef and parsley salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups salad potatoes (I used Petite)
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup roughly chopped green beans
- 2 (approx 200g each) scotch fillet beef steaks
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (I used Maille)
- 3 tablespoons lite crème fraîche (or use unsweetened low-fat yoghurt)
- 1 cup (around 12) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Total fat 13.1g
Saturated fat 4.8g
Dietary fibre 8.9g
1 Put the potatoes into a pan of salted cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until just tender. Add the peas and beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain then rinse in cold water. Slice the potatoes in half and put into a serving bowl with the peas and beans.
2 While the potatoes are cooking, put the steaks into a shallow dish with the oil, then rub in the pepper and a sprinkle of salt.
3 Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot, then add the steaks. Fry for 2 minutes on each side for rare (3-5 minutes on each side for medium to well-done, depending on the thickness of the steaks). Remove from the pan and set aside.
4 Put the mustard into a bowl with the crème fraîche and mix together. Thinly slice the steaks and add to the serving bowl with the tomatoes, parsley and mustard dressing. Toss together and serve.