Roast vege rice salad with sweet miso dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2 cups chopped butternut pumpkin
2 red capsicums, cut into pieces
2 carrots, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons mirin
juice of 1 orange
1/2 cup plain low-fat yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons roughly chopped almonds
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On an oven dish lined with baking paper, place veges. Sprinkle over cumin and olive oil, and toss to coat veges. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of water, boil eggs for 6-7 minutes. Remove from pot and rinse under cold water. When cool enough to handle, peel and quarter.
- In a small bowl, place dressing ingredients, mix well and set aside. In a separate bowl, place lemon yoghurt ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- When vegetables are cooked, combine them with rice and toss through dressing. Add eggs and season with black pepper.
- Serve salad topped with lemon yoghurt and garnished with chilli flakes, almonds and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check cumin, miso and mirin are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us