Sardine and egg pasta salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 eggs
- 300g small pasta shapes such as macaroni
- 2 x 120g cans sardines in tomato sauce
- 4 cups salad greens
- ¼ cup black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 3 cups salad vegetables, chopped, such as cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, radishes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Cook eggs until hard-boiled and cook pasta until tender. Drain eggs and pasta. Run eggs under cold running water to cool.
2 Break sardines in pieces, reserving the sauce. Shell eggs and slice in wedges.
3 Divide salad greens among plates. Sprinkle over olives and capers. Mix pasta with salad vegetables and eggs. Add to salad greens.
4 Top salad with sardines. Mix reserved tomato sauce with oil and vinegar and drizzle over salad to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us