Spiced couscous, lentil and feta salad jarsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 6 x 500ml capacity glass jars with secure-fitting lids
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths, or 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 6 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Divide among jars.
- In a large heatproof bowl, place couscous and 1 cup of boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 3 minutes. Fluff up grains with a fork.
- Meanwhile, steam, boil or microwave broccolini for 2–3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, refresh under cold running water, then drain again.
- In each jar, evenly layer couscous, broccolini, cherry tomatoes, chicken, lentils, feta and rocket. Secure jars with lids and refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check cumin is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information