Sunflower and linseed porridgeReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup skim milk
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon linseeds (aka flaxseeds)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- Combine oats in a saucepan with water and milk. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5-6 minutes or until thick.
- Stir linseeds, sunflower seeds and cranberries through porridge. Divide among 4 bowls and top each with 1/4 cup yoghurt to serve.
Try these other delicious, healthy porridge toppings!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information