Turkish mince and tabbouleh
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Turkish mince
- 500g lean lamb or beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- oil spray
- 1–1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped or 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g Turkish bread, cubed, to serve
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook mince until evenly browned. Drain off any water using a sieve. Add onion and garlic with a little oil spray. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in coriander, tomatoes and of water. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare tabbouleh. In a bowl combine couscous and boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and add remaining ingredients. Mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle bread over mince and serve with tabbouleh on the side. Garnish with mint.
You can replace the couscous with bulgar wheat.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and couscous and check ground coriander is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us