Vege and lentil curry with coconut rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder (we used Stir)
- oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced in small batons
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen broad beansfavaX, defrosted and pods removed
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400g can lentils in spring water, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock or miso (made with 2 teaspoons miso paste and 1 cup water)
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- fresh coriandercilantroX and/or kaffir lime leaves, to garnish
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 18g
- To a saucepan, add rice, coconut milk powder and 1 cup of water and mix well. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for 20-25 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add garlic, carrot, spring onions and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, mushrooms, broad beans and half of the chilli and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add spices and stir to combine.
- Add lentils, stock or miso, tomato paste and brown sugar and bring to a simmer for 8-10 minutes, until liquid reduces slightly. Squeeze lemon juice over and add remaining chilli.
- Divide curry and coconut rice between 2 plates. Serve garnished with coriander and/or kaffir lime leaves.
Make it vegan: Check stock (or miso) is vegan.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $75. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us