Beef kebabs with vegetable noodle salad
Time to make: 35 mins , plus min 1 hr or overnight marinating
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 15-20 minutes
- 500g lean rump steak, cut across the grain in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce marinade
- Noodle salad
- 450g packet Hokkien noodles
- 1 red capsicum, cut in short, thin strips
- 100g snowpeas or green beans, cut in thin strips
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut in thin strips
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free French dressing
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Thread beef strips on skewers. Place skewers in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour over plum sauce marinade to coat. Marinate for 1 hour.
2 Preheat barbecue chargrill or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Meanwhile, make noodle salad. Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain well, set aside to cool slightly then separate noodles. Add capsicum, snowpeas, cucumber and coriander. Toss to combine.
3 Whisk soy sauce and dressing together. Add to salad and toss to combine.
4 Cook beef skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with noodle salad and your choice of a 'fill-up' vege side (see tips).
These 'fill-up' vegie side dishes add minimal extra kilojoules – so enjoy often!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us