Creamy chicken and leek pasta bake for one
Time to make: 25 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup macaroni pasta
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 small leek, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 1 cup frozen pea and corn sweetcornXmix
- 1/2 cup shredded, skinless cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/3 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley or oregano, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium-high heat. Add leek. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add frozen vegetables and chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add flour. Stir to combine, then add milk and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through. Add pasta. Toss to coat. Remove from heat.
3 Transfer pasta mixture to a 2-cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. To serve, garnish with fresh herbs (if using).
Make it gluten? free: Use gluten-free pasta and flour.
More single serve ideas
Pasta bakes are a great idea for single serve meals as you can make them ahead and pop them in the freezer for easy reheating. Keep these ratios (below) in mind, and try one of our combos or your own variation.
- 3/4-1 cup cooked pasta
- 2 cups vegetables
- 1/2-1 cup meat/fish
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cheese sauce or
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
Mix ingredients together and place in a small baking dish to bake. Cool and freeze, covered in plastic wrap.
Try these tasty combinations
- Macaroni, cheese sauce (as per Pumpkin and mushroom lasagne), broccoli, baby spinach and tomato pasta sauce.
- Penne pasta, red onion, cooked chicken, green beans and reduced-fat cheese sauce.
- Cooked mince, canned tomatoes, grated carrot, courgette and pumpkin with pasta shapes and topped with reduced-fat cheese.
- Pasta shapes, pesto, canned tuna, fresh spinach or rocket and light evaporated milk topped with reduced-fat cheese.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us