Mini beef and sage meatloaves with kumara mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- spray oil
- 1 cup wholemeal fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons trim milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 8 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 600g beef mince
- ¹/³ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parsnip
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups steamed or boiled Brussels sprouts or broccoli florets, to serve
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups mashed kumarasweet-potatoX
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray 6 mini loaf pans or bun pans with oil. In a bowl, place breadcrumbs, pour over milk and leave to soak.
2 In a pan, heat oil over medium. Add onion, garlic and sage and cook until softened.
3 In a bowl, place remaining loaf ingredients and mix together. Stir in soaked crumbs and onion mixture. Spoon into the prepared pans, level surface and bake for 20 minutes until firm and browned. Leave for 5 minutes before turning out.
4 Brush meatloaves with maple syrup and top with the kumara mash. Garnish with parsley and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the meatloaves with the sprouts.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check tomato paste and mustard are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us