Roasted eggplant and kumara stew
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium eggplantaubergineXs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium kumarasweet-potatoX, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to season
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes*
- 420g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place eggplant and kumara in a baking dish. Drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes until just tender.
2 Tip eggplant and kumara into a large saucepan with tomatoes. Cover and bring to the boil. Remove lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add chickpeas and broccoli and simmer for 2 minutes.
3 Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Scatter over parsley and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 14g
For a tasty change, use pumpkin instead of eggplant.
Make sure you take the pan off the heat before adding the sour cream otherwise it may curdle.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us