Tomatoey mussels with smoked paprika and beans
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 900g mussels, washed and de-bearded
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans white or mixed beans
- 4 slices grainy bread, to serve
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 16g
- Spray a heavy-based pot with oil and set over a medium heat. Add fennel, carrot and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, mussels, wine and beans. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all mussels have opened.
- Divide among 4 bowls and serve with grainy bread on the side. Garnish with fresh herbs, if you like.
Cutting dairy out of your diet for health reasons or because you’re vegan doesn’t have to be a chore. Healthy Food Guide has an extensive collection of healthy dairy-free recipes to make the transition easy and delicious. Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check paprika is gluten free.
Author: Sam Campbell -
Photographer: Bryce Carleton
First published: Sep 20172017-08-09 15:41:22
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited