Tomatoey mussels with smoked paprika and beans
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- ½ cup sliced fennel
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 900g mussels, washed and de-bearded
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans white or mixed beans
- 4 slices grainy bread, to serve
- Spray a heavy-based pot with oil and set over a medium heat. Add fennel, carrot and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, mussels, wine and beans. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all mussels have opened.
- Divide among 4 bowls and serve with grainy bread on the side. Garnish with fresh herbs, if you like.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check paprika is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information