Tomatoey mussels with smoked paprika and beans
- spray oil
- ½ cup sliced fennel
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 900g mussels, washed and de-bearded
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans white or mixed beans
- 4 slices grainy bread, to serve
- Spray a heavy-based pot with oil and set over a medium heat. Add fennel, carrot and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, mussels, wine and beans. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all mussels have opened.
- Divide among 4 bowls and serve with grainy bread on the side. Garnish with fresh herbs, if you like.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check paprika is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like