Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup (150g) strawberries, topped, halved
- 1 cup (150g) pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 cup (150g) pawpawpapayaX, cut in 2cm chunks
- 1 cup (150g) rockmelon, cut in 2cm chunks
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented, halved
- 4 scoops (280g) lemon sorbetsherbertX
1 Combine prepared fruits in a bowl. Tear off 4 x 20cm foil squares and line with smaller squares of baking paper. Spoon fruit mixture into the centre of each square centre. Fold foil and baking paper to enclose filling and make a parcel.
2 Heat barbecue. Place foil parcels on barbecue and cook for 5 minutes or until fruit is hot. Place unopened parcels on serving plates (allowing each person to open their own parcel) with a scoop of lemon sorbet.
Serve as part of this three-course meal for four, cooked entirely on the barbecue!
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vege side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant and Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
- Try reduced-fat vanilla ice cream instead of lemon sorbet.
- Vary the fruits according to what you like or what looks fresh in-store.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sorbet (or ice cream).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.