Soy beef and noodle stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 bunches (350g) broccolini, ends trimmed and cut into 3 equal lengths
- 250g fresh thick rice noodles
- 600g beef sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 small red onions, halved and cut into thin wedges
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced beef or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup raw cashew nuts, finely chopped (optional)
Total fat 18.6g
Saturated fat 5.7g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Cook broccolini in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp, adding noodles during last minute of cooking. Drain well.
2 Combine beef and onion in a bowl. Spray with cooking oil. Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Add half the beef mixture and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a bowl. Reheat wok and repeat with remaining beef and onion mixture.
3 Add capsicum to wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beef mixture, broccolini and noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute or until combined and hot.
4 Combine soy sauce, stock, oyster sauce and garlic in a jug. Add to beef mixture in wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce boils and mixture is well combined. Divide stir-fry among 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with nuts, if using, and serve.
You’ll find fresh rice noodles in Asian grocery stores. Or you can use fresh egg noodles.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us