Thai beef curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 cup light coconut cream
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 500g lean beef, cubed
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX
- 6 cups cooked rice, to serve
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in curry paste. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
2 Add coconut cream and stock. Bring to the boil. Add beef, beans and lime leaves. Stir to combine. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until beef is tender.
3 Add fish sauce, lime juice, rind and sugar. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with coriander just before serving. Serve with rice.